FREE tax prep resources for seniors, low-income residents, people with disabilities, and limited English speaking taxpayers.
- Campaign for Working Families
- Pathways VITA
- Philadelphia Legal Assistance
- AARP Tax-Aide
- List of all IRS-certified VITA Staffed Tax Prep Sites
The City of Philadelphia offers a Homestead Exemption that can reduce your taxes. The Homestead Exemption offers Real Estate Tax savings to all Philadelphia homeowners by reducing the taxable portion of their property assessment by $30,000. This program is available through the Office of Property Assessment (OPA).
Resources available to business owners through the City. Philadelphia’s Department of Revenue offers a number of business tax credits that you don’t want to forget:
- Sustainable Business Tax Credit
- Job Creation Tax Credit
- Green Roof Tax Credit
- Veterans Employment Tax Credit
- Community Development Corporation (CDC) Tax Credit
- Philadelphia Re-Entry Employment Program (PREP) Tax Credit
- Keystone Opportunity Zone Tax Credit
- Life Partner & Transgender Care Health Benefits Tax Credit
Pennsylvania State taxes – the State offers a few popular programs. You can find details about all of these plus lots more info at the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue‘s website.
- Tax Amnesty Program
- Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program
- Voluntary Disclosure for Unregistered Taxpayers
- Tax Forgiveness Program (income limits)